Iowa Banned License Plate
People from Iowa love personalized plates. When you drive in the state, you can see many personalized plates. The Iowa Department of Transportation renews or approves more than thousands of personalized plates each year. But there is a list of plates that the DOT can reject. Your requested plate must be in Iowa DOT when you issue it. So, your requested plate can be on the banned license plates list.
Why does the Department of Transportation Ban License Plate in Iowa?
Your requested plate will be banned if it contains the following things.
- If the plate has sexual connotations, the Iowa Department of Transportation will reject your request.
- The License Plate cannot contain racism or ethnic degradation.
- And the plate must not have objectionable language.
- The DOT will give you a rejection if the plate contains religious connotations. For example, you can be rejected for a “DEATH” or “SATAN” personalized license.
- If your requested plate has a term of vulgarity, it will be rejected.
- Contempt and prejudice are some of the reasons that the DOT in Iowa will give you a rejected vanity plate.
- And the Iowa Department of Transportation can reject your request for a license plate if it contains a swear word. It will be an offensive license plate and will be banned.
Examples of Iowa Banned License Plate
Here you can find some examples of Banned License Plates:
There is a huge list in Iowa, which shows you the banned license plates. You have to check it before applying for the license plate.
What types of vehicles can have vanity plates?
So here are the types that you can use your personalized license on.
- Firstly, it is motor vehicles.
- Secondly, the type is travel trailers.
- Thirdly it is commercial trucks and trailers.
The requirements on the personalized plate in Iowa
You have to know what and how many characters you can use on your vanity plate not to have a banned vanity plate. The DOT in Iowa allows you to have a maximum of 7 characters for all plates. But you can have a maximum of 6 characters on your motorcycles.
You can use any combination of Spaces, Numbers (0 to 9), and Letters (A to Z).
What characters can ban the Iowa License Plate?
So, here are the things you have to avoid while requesting a personalized plate. If you do not avoid them, the DOT can reject your request.
- You cannot have only numbers on your license plate.
- Your requested plate cannot denote a governmental agency.
- Then, your plate cannot contain prejudice, contempt, hostility, and so on.
Ordering the personalized Iowa license
- Firstly, you have to visit the website of Iowa DOT.
- Secondly, you have to choose the plate that you want.
- Thirdly, you need to submit that form.
But there is another way to order the vanity license plate in Iowa.
- Firstly, you have to complete the application for a Personalized License Plate in Iowa.
- Secondly, you have to submit the application.
- And then, pay the fees.
- After all these things, you have to mail it to DOT of Iowa, the Vehicle Service’s office.
Do custom plates cost money in Iowa?
You have to pay to get your personalized plate in Iowa. You have to pay $60 for the vanity plate.